What Does the Infiniti Warranty Cover? (2022 Full Guide) – MarketWatch
The Infiniti warranty lasts for just 4 years/60,000 miles, so drivers looking for continued coverage often turn to extended warranty plans. Consider the reliability of your Infiniti before choosing a plan, though, to make sure it’s worth your while.
Data found in the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Vehicle Dependability StudySM reveals that Infiniti owners face an average of 228 issues per 100 cars sold. That makes it only the 23rd most reliable automaker in the country out of 32 brands. We reached out to Infiniti for comment on its performance in the J.D. Power study but did not receive a response.
RepairPal ranks Infiniti as the 16th most dependable automaker out of 32, indicating these cars have average dependability. For a brand that produces luxury vehicles, Infiniti models come with relatively low maintenance and repair costs of $638 per year on average. The average across all automakers is $652, so Infiniti repairs tend to be slightly more affordable.
Infiniti Extended Warranty
The extended Infiniti warranty is known as the Infiniti Elite Extended Protection Plan and provides up to 8 years/120,000 miles of coverage. Depending on which option you choose, you’ll pay either a $100 or $0 deductible for repairs when using this plan, which covers more than 1,600 vehicle components.
Along with the comprehensive coverage found in the extended Infiniti warranty, owners gain access to roadside assistance, towing services, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption benefits. All repairs done through the Infiniti Elite program must be performed at an Infiniti dealership using genuine Infiniti parts.
This is the only extended vehicle service contract Infiniti offers, so if you’re looking for different protection, you’ll need to consider one of the reputable extended car warranty companies.
Infiniti Coverage From an Independent Warranty Company
An Infiniti warranty plan from one of the top extended warranty providers can help drivers save considerable money while receiving quality vehicle protection. Below, we’ll name several benefits that come with a third-party vehicle warranty.
- Generally lower warranty costs: CarShield and Endurance warranty plans for Infinitis tend to offer more reasonable rates than the manufacturer itself.
- Flexible purchasing periods: Coverage from providers like Protect My Car and Carchex can be purchased at nearly any point in your vehicle’s life, while dealerships usually require extended warranties to be bought before the factory warranty expires.
- Longer warranty coverage: A Carchex or CarShield Infiniti warranty could last for over 200,000 miles, easily outlasting the automaker’s plan.
- Varied repair shop choices: Instead of only having Infiniti service your car, independent warranty providers let you head to nearly any licensed repair shop.
- Wide array of coverage plans: Providers like Endurance, CarShield and Carchex have five or more extended Infiniti warranty plans, so you’ll likely be able to find the right coverage with ease.
By comparing extended Infiniti warranty plans from providers, you’ll be able to find vehicle protection that suits your needs. Whether you’re looking for basic powertrain coverage or an exclusionary contract, third-party warranty providers should meet your requirements well.
Leave a Comment